Thursday, August 14, 2008

Maya


My sweet little Maya starts kindergarten this year. How come these events are so bitter sweet for mothers? I was getting her ready for back to school night, doing her hair, getting her cute little outfit on, and I started tearing up! There is just no possible way my baby girl is this old all ready! Maya is so wonderful, so sweet and loving. She is the BEST at giving hugs and cuddling. She is very artistic. She can be extremely shy and has informed me she won't be talking to her teacher. That's really true, this child can go months - or more before breaking down and speaking. Some people have told me it is an attention thing she does. No, I don't believe this, she is just shy. She is kind and smart, and I am really sad she is growing up, ah heck, I'm pathetically sad they are all growing up so stinkin fast! I told Tom just this morning I need another baby. Now, for those of you who know me, don't worry, I won't be having anymore babies.

3 comments:

Kelly said...

AHHH you just made my Day, Month and Year! I am so Happy you are a blogger! So I can keep tabs on you and your cute family! I opened your blog and began screaming and the whole family came running to see if I was alright... We all sat around and looked at the latest news. SOO WONDERFUL! I can't believe how much everyone had grown up. NOT FAIR! Where are our babies gone? I only wish we could get together and catch up! Happy to hear you still enjoy your Diet Coke! It made me smile! It a perfect way to wash down our dinner each night.. We deserve it after a long day!
I am so happy again for your new blog and will have to have Maddi comment to Marisa. She was THRILLED! She still talks about the old days when they went to "College" together!
We LOVE You Guys!

The Weights said...

Maya is so beautiful!! I cannot believe that she will be going to Kindergarten!! Time flies by too fast!! I reall have just come to the realization that motherhood is FILLED with moments that are bittersweet and that each moment must be treasured because they are fleeting!! Good luck on Monday!!

Donna said...

It is bittersweet. . .and each time they move to a new school, you'll go through the same thing!!