Wednesday, August 20, 2008

First day of 3rd Grade




Here is my beautiful Risi starting her first day of 3rd grade. She started a new school, Noah Webster Academy this year. She is really excited about going to this school. I felt a lot more at ease with our decision after meeting her teacher. She "gets" to wear a uniform, silly girl, I think she was mostly excited about that! I'm forgetting to inform everyone of our real first day trauma, Risi was sick. She had a fever so she actually missed the first day of school and her first day was yesterday. She was so excited about going this was one day she really wasn't faking! I asked her what her favorite part of the day was and she told me it was doing her math sheet. She is so not my child!!! She is our little math wiz. I'm glad she loves it.
I hope she has a wonderful year. So far she has been blessed with wonderful teachers, who have been very invested in her learning experience. I think her teacher this year will follow this lead. The last picture - by her class room, she was so ready for me to be gone. She has that look like 'mom you are embarrassing me'.

3 comments:

The Weights said...

I simply cannot believe that she is in 3rd grade!! I remember so clearly the day she was born and being in the hospital when grandpa blessed her! What a beautiful and special spirit she is!!!

A&K Sanft said...

Risi,

Congratulations on starting your new school!!! You look so grown up. I know you're going to have a great time and make lots of wonderful new friends...maybe even the best you'll ever have.

I wore a school uniform from the day I started school till I was 16yrs old!!!! can you believe that?! but I really I LOVED it. Uniforms are the BEST:) Except I didn't like the tie I had to wear till I was 12:)I remember one night falling asleep in my uniform, waking up the next morning and going straight to school in it!!!

Love, Aunt Kim

Kelly said...

No way is she so BEAUTIFUL! She could pass as a 12 year old. You better be carefull! Madison sure Loved seeing her and couldn't help but run in and write her a letter. So I will do my best to get it in the mail!
I got your message I will have to give you a call Monday and chit chat about blogging. I am just thrilled you are a blogger! It makes life seem way to good to be able to click on and see your BIG Bright smiles! We Miss you! I dreamed last night we were back and I was living in my old place. Boo hoo it was rough getting out of bed and heading to church with a smile knowing I was not going to see you at church! Some day!
Talk to you tomorrow. Sorry Im so slow to get back to you!
xoxox