
Tomorrow is our anniversary. Happy Anniversary to us! Tom is so proud of me because I actually remember it is our 7th anniversary tomorrow. I have trouble remembering important dates and then you add details to those dates, and it's all over! For the first 3 years I thought we got married on October 11th. Anyway, it's been 7 fabulous years. There aren't a whole lot of fire works going off this year to celebrate. We usually go away for a weekend or at least a night, but this weekend was hard because Tom was suppose to be out of town for work, lucky for me plans changed and I have him home. Now I'm going to get a little corny and possibly even sentimental, so for those of you who have no interest now would be the time to check out.
I love Tom for a lot of reasons; he pumps my gas - when I say this I'm pretty sure I have pumped gas less than 10 times since we've been married, he does 90% of our grocery shopping, he pays the bills (I just rack em up j/k) he makes sure I never run out of diet coke, he puts the toilet seat down (most the time) he does dishes, takes out the garbage and helps out with most things that make this house run somewhat smoothly. I love him most for how loyal and true he is to what he believes in. First he has an unwavering testimony of our Gospel, his priorities are right and his examples keeps me in line. He loves his parents and I see him trying his best to treat me how has seen his father respect and love his mother for nearly 50 years. He is the absolute best father and role model our children could have. He hardly every raises his voice with them, and on the rare occasion he does he scares the heck out of them and me! He loves opera as much as a basketball or football game, and often times more. He is patient, forgiving, trusting, committed, and really funny. He reads a lot about what is going on in the world, we don't always agree on things but I rarely argue with him because I know he has researched things a lot more than I have. He is one of those people who could take a test and score really high without opening a text book.
There are still nights when he is laying next to me and I wonder how in the world I was ever lucky enough to end up with him, and I think he is pretty HOT! He tells me he loves me everyday. I really couldn't of found a better friend, father, and husband to spend the rest of eternity with. Seriously, as long as I have him in my life, I don't need fireworks. I love you Tom!
6 comments:
Shahara, that was awesome. Congrats to you guys! (Our big 10 year anniversary is on the 24th of this month, and some years I still think it's the 28th. So don't feel bad about forgetting the date.) With or without fireworks, have a fantastic anniversary!
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!! Just look at the amazing life the two of you have built together and the great little family you have!! I hope that you get to do something to celebrate!! However, I find that the "fireworks" are small treasures nestled between the everyday moments!!
Congrats on 7 years!! I am so glad that you are so happy and you are both lucky to have each other!
Happy Anniversary!!! I'm so glad that you've had a good seven years. I still wish we could have skipped over the first 6. LOL!
Oh, and what a cute picture of the two of you.
What a Happy day! Glad you headed out for a get-a-way! You did Luck out getting Tom. Pumping your gas, paying the bills keeping the diet coke stocked up, but he Lucked out getting such a Hot wife, and darling Mom. You can't fool me... I know you got the Fireworks going!
Very nicely said, heartfelt words. You guys are definitley good together....congrats on all those years of ups/downs/curves/twists and jumps. What a beautiful family you are. Love Kim
Post a Comment