Thursday, October 9, 2008

Jesus and Robby and Boy/Girls

I had to pick up a prescription for Robby's very infected finger this morning. And, as we are in the car Robby is deep in thought. Four year old thought mind you, so he says, "Is Jesus a girl?" I say, "No Rob - you know he is a boy," We have had this discussion a lot lately. Then he says, "I think he is a girl, he wears dresses." "Um, ok (trying not to laugh), well, (thinking I want to say talk to your dad about this kid), you know what he doesn't wear dresses, they are robes." Great response right! Robby then says, "Yeah but he has girl hair, he is a girl Mom." At this point Maya pipes in with, "Some boys have long hair right Mom" "Yes bug - some boys have long hair." Robby next says, "Only the Boy/Girls have long hair." I realize we are sidetracked now, and Robby in 4 year old world, still believe Jesus to be a girl, so I say "Rob- I promise Jesus is a boy, a Man, just like Daddy." Robby, "well, he needs to go to Katie and get his hair cut." End of discussion.

4 comments:

Suzanne said...

The boy has a point. Nowadays they don't even let the high priests have beards! Which makes me sad to see the come when Jon becomes a high priest. (Jon + facial hair = sexy!)I think Katie would make some time to cut Jesus' hair, though. That's a client you just don't turn down.

Suzanne said...

* "which makes me sad to see the DAY come..." sheesh, I should really check my typing before posting comments. Arg.

The Weights said...

That is SOOO great!! His rationale is actually quite reasonable based on his short 4 year life experience!! I hope that you always remember this, because it is a classic!!
David G would love this story!! Can I share it with him! He always likes to open his Sunday School lessons with something funny like this!!
Cute Robby!
And, hang in there with the job changes! I know that it will be a big change in your lives- but that is the theme for Second Nature!

Kelly said...

My goodness that kid is a smartie pants. I agree it's confussing!
I could use a trip to Katie's.
How's Robbie's finger? What happened?
How's the work situation? Everday I tell myself I am going to call and of course I get going and before I know it I am climbing in bed. I want to hear what is UP! I want to come home.. snow and all! OH dam just thinking about it makes my stomack hurt and I get homesick. I am coming... just a few more and we are back!