Saturday, October 18, 2008

Attack of the killer Bird

Yesterday was a beautiful fall day. I went out to check on the kids playing outside and left my front door open as I wandered a couple houses down. As I came back home I watched this very tiny, cute, bird fly into my house. It went right through the wide open front door and stopped right on my hall tree. All of a sudden I panicked, knowing I was not going to get this thing out of my house EVER! So, what do I do when I have a crisis and Tom is gone - duh - I go to the Heatons (aka best neighbors ever). (They hunt - well dad and boys do - they will want to catch my little starling) No one is home except Emily. But, Emily eagerly jumped at the chance to help me get this thing out of my house. Seriously, I had visions of it flying all over in my house at will until I call some sort of pest control people to come save us. Emily was much better and free! Truth be told I was afraid of the stupid bird, I didn't want to get pecked or worse - bird flu! Because I'm sure this is how bird flu is contracted. The bird went under my couch, under my end tables, under chairs, behind the piano, hit our front windows a few times, all the while Emily trying relentlessly to catch it with both her hands. She had NO FEAR. Every time it flew near me I screamed, yes, like the girl I am. Emily came to my rescue and sort of ushered it through my kitchen and out the back door. Emily was awesome, Risi and Maya would have been screaming with me. Once it was gone I instantly thought, dang I should of taken a picture for my blog! I have no picture, but I did show Tom where the dumb thing pooped on our carpet.

3 comments:

Kelly said...

Thank goodness for Emily. She seems like the type that is always up for an adventure! I had a bird fly in my house when I was pregnant. I was sick in bed and in it came through my bedroom door. I got up to open the other doors and began throwing up... so I started heading for the bathroom the bird started going crazy... I was a mess.. my house was a mess from the friendly bird. Heath came home just in time to help clean it up. Thank goodness for husbands. I know he was very worried about me... thinking I was a complete ding dong! Those dang birds! Happy to hear you got him out with out any the bird flu! Shheeesh!
Come play with us on the beach. We could use a little Crist Fix!

The Weights said...

You think you were scared- the poor bird was probably TERRIFIED!! Imagine the headache the little bird will have from hitting the window! It is such a blessing to have good neighbors who can help with just about anything!!

Suzanne said...

*sigh* I wish I lived next to the Heatons. Not that anything's ever flown into our house... But if something ever did, I can't imagine Bro and Sis Robins being all spry and animal-catchy. Though they could probably back over a large animal with their RV.