Bah Humbug to Hallofreekinween! Hold on, it's not all bad, let's back up and do the good first. Last night we went to my mom's actually really fun Halloween dinner. She has it every year and the food is disgustingly scary and good - she makes pizza's with spiders crawling on them, ghost shaped pizza's, twinkies frosted as ghosts, witches brew, tons of other gross stuff. My kids LOVE it. That part of Halloween is ok, and I took some good pictures.
Today, the actual day, let the ranting start. Risi gets up and she gets her Eponime costume put together, it's cute but her cat in the hat was way better, she couldn't be talked out of Eponime and it's not about me - I bah humug Halloween after all. Her parade at her school was from 10-11. Already conflict number 1, Miles has a music class he loves at 9:30 to 10:30. Robby and Maya go to the day care at the music center, and today could dress up and trick or treat around the building. I decide we will go to music class, leave early at 10:10 and make it to Risi's in time to see parade. I sneak out of class early, and pick up Robby and Maya just as they are BEGINNING to trick or treat, not one stinkin candy in the bag yet. I absolutely have no time to let them go, and know they are going to get candy later, I tell them this as they leave kicking and screaming and yeah - they should hate me at this moment. We get to Risi's school there is no parking, so we are later than I expected. We get in about 10:20 - parade totally over, no one in the gym. We stop by her class so she can see us, but they were taking a test so she didn't get to see us. Now I am fully aware I have 3 kids mad at me. I have Maya literally sitting down on the sidewalk as we walk back to the car telling me I lied to her, she missed the parade. Yes, sweet little Bug, yo mama's a liar!
Trick or Treating is my least favorite part of the holiday. It's just plain rude to knock on doors and beg for candy. It's also so wrong to give kids such an insane amount of sugar. Yet, I put my views aside each year, paste a fake smile on my face and out the door we go, door to door begging for sugar.
Oh and it's only 11:00 a.m. now. I only have 10 more places to be today, should be interesting. I'll update in a few hours and let you know if the day gets any better!
2 comments:
Right there with you...I complain every year 'cause I am left alone to have all 4 fed...makeup and dressed-up by the time it is 5:30 and the doorbell starts ringing...Paul is nowhere to be found....except when he gets home and it is dark and HE is the one in all the pictures like he helped to pull this off this year...nope!
Completely unrelated: it's election day. And although Obama has won (*gulp*), I wanted to give you a pro-Nader post to read. Here it is:
http://katydidnot.blogspot.com/2008/11/270-electoral-votes-and-then-he-wins.html
Post a Comment