Thursday, January 8, 2009

Winter Fun










What do you do in the snow? Well, when you are little you go sledding. Robby had been asking me since the first day it snowed when they could go sledding. I told him, "Mommy doesn't go sledding Rob, daddy will take you." (Remember, I have issues with snow and being cold) Bless this man I married once again, he took them. The picture of Robby climbing up those icy snow steps, doesn't that make you think what happens if he slips or falls? Ummm, dominoes. Well, before Tom gave the kids instructions on how to be 'safe' at the death bowl park they go to, Robby went down on his sled by himself. He somehow plowed into a small boy and totally knocked the poor kid flat on his back, mostly scaring him I think. The boy was with his mom, and she was pissed to say the least, Tom saw this, and tried to fix things. He had Robby apologize and the lady says to Robby, "It's o.k. I forgive you." How about a thank you for being sorry, or, try to be careful so no one gets hurt, and thanks for being sorry! Robby is 4, "I forgive you," whatever. Needless to say, the kids had a blast that day and I think Tom did too. The last picture of Miles I love it doesn't really have anything to do with anything, I think it was a day or two before we had his beautiful hair cut. I am not ready to put pictures of his after hair cut on here yet, I'm still a little traumatized, so is Tom. The good news is he has great hair, and it's still has a lot of natural curl, so I think when we grow it out again they will come back. I also love the in action 'monster' picture of my little guy. He can be so sweet and such a terror. Tom is gone this week, and last night about midnight Miles woke up and I held him for a minute then put him back in his bed. A few minutes later he was screaming again. I only let kids sleep with me when they are sick. He was not sick, yet, he was so cute and cuddly and kept his head down on my shoulder, and he ended up in bed with me. He actually slept on my chest for a little while, like a little new born. I held him and cried, it reminded me of holding him when he was about 4lbs. in the hospital. I spent so many nights in the hospital with him and he would only sleep with me holding him this same way. As stressful and hard as that time was, I miss that, him being so little, and needing me. I know he still needs me, but he doesn't act like he knows needs me! Crazy kid, he is 2 what do I expect?

3 comments:

Lacy said...

I cannot believe that hair. The sledding story...hilarious! Also, I have been dying laughing at the whole moon sand thing.

Suzanne said...

You can come hold my new born. Although he is already growing and changing.

And tell Tom to swing by and pick up my kids next time he goes sledding... cuz I also have issues with the cold and snow.

Kelly said...

What a fun day! Aren't our kids lucky to have Dad's. I have found myself having issues with lots of things... I am such a good sit on the side lines watch and cheer on the kids where I don't have to get dirty, wet, cold....
I know how you feel about the little ones getting big and not needing us as much! It is breaking my heart! I am not ready for Millie to get big. and Im not ready for being prego Yet either.

Your kids will someday relise how much you did for them when they were all so small, sick and in need of Mom's special love and touch. They are sooooo LUCKY to have you as Mom! I still can see in my mind you on your porch right after you brought home Robbie from the hospital. He was so tiny tiny and you were glowing... happy and running on no sleep had lots Dr. appt to be too, you were being mom and wife, cooker and cleaner and yet you still laughed and were your happy self! You are Amazing! I love you!