Sunday, January 18, 2009

Hanukkah and Mexico

Mid morning yesterday, Maya and Robby were playing some sort of make believe play. They generally do pretty well playing together for a significant amount of time. Regardless, it usually ends with someone being mean to the other person and tears and tattle telling. Yesterday, however, was classic. This is the dialogue that took place between Maya and I when she found me to inform me of how she was wronged, "Mom, Robby kicked me after I threw toys on his head." "You threw toys at him?" "Yes, because he is dumb." Time out! (I really get mad when they tell each other they are dumb, stupid, ugly, etc.) "Maya, he is not dumb, it is not o.k. that you told him he is dumb." "Mom, he is DUMB, (very passionately)" "You need to go to your room until you can apologize to him." "Well, he is dumb, he doesn't even know about Hanukkah or Mexico." Wow, apparently she is learning a thing or two in that public school system of ours! After she calmed down she agreed she should teach him about things she learns in school.

7 comments:

McKinnley said...

WOW... Hanukkah and Mexico. What a Combonation! I would LOVE to play school with Maya just to learn all the goods. You should look into having her teach you about them too and then share them with us so we are up to date on all the real Important stuff dealing with Hanukkah and Mexico!

Happy Sunday! Hope you had a good one! Did Maya survive Sacramentmeeting? Our went over 45 mins. It was ROUGH! I thought of her several times!
Opps This is from Kelly
I am struggling with signing in when I want to post a comment.

Riley & Maile said...

classic! I love it!

Suzanne said...

Are there many Jews in Mexico? I always thought that was Catholic territory. I would love to sit in on one of Maya's lectures... I'm intrigued.

Donna Black Davis said...

That is a CLASSIC! I have two much loved books of sayings from David and Kate. They are treasures. Keep writing stuff down!

Me said...

You may ease drop anytime you like!! I'm new to this and am still figuring out the pic thing,,,,stay tuned.....

Jenna Harris said...

Maya is a crack-up! How funny is that.

Annika's been into calling things stupid. For years stupid was a bad word at my house, but as the kids got older it's slipped in.

when is hanukkah said...

LOL! I love your blog, your'e always so funny!!
Looking forward to new posts.