Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Future careers

Last night I was listening to kids play and Maya and Robby were having a conversation they have had more than once. They were playing house and at times can do so for hours on end, it's great, and funny and cute and, and, and.... Maya is the 'mom' meaning the wife and Robby is the 'Dad' husband. I hear Maya tell Robby, "I won't be your mom if you are going to be the Bishop, you have to pick Rob." (Remember Maya hates church, really it's just sacrament meeting, she likes primary a lot) Then she proceeds to barter with him, "Rob, if you don't be the Bishop I'll let you be the mom 2 times." Robby, "Maya I really want to be the Bishop he is more stronger than Santa" Maya, "O.K. how 'bout I let you have my ipod." She doesn't have an ipod. Needless to say, ipod worked apparently because a few minutes later Robby said he really wants to be a garbage man when he's a dad. How cool is that? I mean, boys usually want to be fire men, police officers, but a garbage man, that is the best. Cool trucks, that smash stuff, kids watch weekly, my kids run to our window when they hear the truck. You go lil man, you'll be the best garbage man in Utah, Orem. (His new way of saying our city)
And, here are a few things I've thought about totally unrelated to the above; what does Blog mean or stand for? Am I the only mother that struggles to get my kids to flush? It's so gross, I think I yell "flush" at least 5 times a day, and then it's followed by, "and wash." Best invention of the decade, tivo/dvr, that and the whole seasons of t.v. shows on dvd. How is that for being random?
These pictures are of no significance to anything mentioned above, I just like them and wanted to put them up.


6 comments:

Kelly said...

That is a great post! Love the whole role playing... Robbie is so smart! The bishop is strong! I found myslef smiling the whole time I read that! F-U-N-N-Y! Those are good stories to tell about the kids at weddings... love it!
The whole flush thing is a hard one. I have issues with Millie not pulling a whole roll of TP in the toliet. Then I get to be the lucky one to flush with plunger in hand ready to go to work! It's great fun! Not sure what blog means?...
Thanks for the good reads this morning! xoxox

wanda.blck said...

Love your pictures and stories of the kids. You're such an ambitious mom - an ideal mother. Isn't it amazing what the kids come up with?

Suzanne said...

It's true, the bishop is stronger than Santa. I live across the street from Bishop, and I've seen him, like, lift 50 lbs right over his head lots of times. Without even sweating. (Plus he is a good driver. Of all the times I've seen him pull into his driveway, he's never once hit his house.)

And you don't have to say that Maya likes primary just because I read you blog...

=)

Donna Black Davis said...

I love you. I love the kids and their funny conversations. I love the randomness of your thoughts and the cute pics!!

Mary said...

Blog is short for web log -- logging your life on the web, as it were. Your kids conversations are the best!!! I love reading about them. And they are so darling -- those pics are great. And I wish I had tivo. You are a lucky girl. And I agree that watching whole seasons of t.v. shows at a time is wonderful, albeit slightly time consuming. Watching House (all four seasons) last winter while I was pregnant was slightly nauseating. And don't even get me started on flushing! I mean, we don't have to go out to an outhouse or anything. Come on -- it is just not that difficult of a task people!

Anonymous said...

What's up everyone, it's my fігst vіsіt
at this web ѕite, and piece οf wгіting is truly fruitful in favoг
οf mе, keep up ρosting these tyрes οf aгticleѕ.


Here is my blοg tens
My page > tens unit hire