Ok - as I was getting my little Robbers, set up for Joy School (there was a time I did joy school with Risi and vowed I'd never do it again, she was only 2 so it's different right? Different post subject) and I was suppose to take a picture of him to my neighbor. Simple task right? WRONG! First, it's labor day, lazy, easy fun day around here. So, I start looking for pictures of Maya, Tom prints up a few for me and I take them to my neighbor. She meanwhile, looks at me with puzzled expression and says these are cute, but isn't it Robby that's in Joy School? Yes, it is and poor kid, if I didn't have the picture debacle I probably would have dropped Maya off to her house the first day. It doesn't end here, I go back home to look for pictures of Rob and honestly in my mind I can't think of any that flash out as good ones to give for this purpose. It's after looking through folder after folder of pictures I realize I don't have very many of him alone. HE'S A MIDDLE CHILD, and I didn't realize until just now how he simply sort of blends in around here. This isn't necessarily a bad thing, I'm having a little mom guilt at the moment. I know he gets plenty of attention and is healthy and happy a good little guy, I just need to take more pictures of him. So, I am posting some of my favorites and you can see why they aren't the greatest for a school type atmosphere. I also might want to consider ending the photography of his melt downs. Most of them are when the poor kid is way over stimulated. I need to say a word about the last picture of him - does he not look like a kid that feels like he can do anything? What happens to that great sense of 'kid confidence' most of us once exuded at some time? So - as I wrap this up I think I'll let you all know one of my favorite times of the day is putting my little Rob to bed at night. I tuck him in and I give him my heart - physically doing the motions of taking it out of me and putting it where his heart is, and he promises me to take care of it and not to EVER give it anyone else. We have been doing this for over a year now and it is so endearing to me. I love you Robby - yes more than all the stars and planets ten gazzillion times and then some.
Thursday, September 4, 2008
ROBERT JOHNSON
Ok - as I was getting my little Robbers, set up for Joy School (there was a time I did joy school with Risi and vowed I'd never do it again, she was only 2 so it's different right? Different post subject) and I was suppose to take a picture of him to my neighbor. Simple task right? WRONG! First, it's labor day, lazy, easy fun day around here. So, I start looking for pictures of Maya, Tom prints up a few for me and I take them to my neighbor. She meanwhile, looks at me with puzzled expression and says these are cute, but isn't it Robby that's in Joy School? Yes, it is and poor kid, if I didn't have the picture debacle I probably would have dropped Maya off to her house the first day. It doesn't end here, I go back home to look for pictures of Rob and honestly in my mind I can't think of any that flash out as good ones to give for this purpose. It's after looking through folder after folder of pictures I realize I don't have very many of him alone. HE'S A MIDDLE CHILD, and I didn't realize until just now how he simply sort of blends in around here. This isn't necessarily a bad thing, I'm having a little mom guilt at the moment. I know he gets plenty of attention and is healthy and happy a good little guy, I just need to take more pictures of him. So, I am posting some of my favorites and you can see why they aren't the greatest for a school type atmosphere. I also might want to consider ending the photography of his melt downs. Most of them are when the poor kid is way over stimulated. I need to say a word about the last picture of him - does he not look like a kid that feels like he can do anything? What happens to that great sense of 'kid confidence' most of us once exuded at some time? So - as I wrap this up I think I'll let you all know one of my favorite times of the day is putting my little Rob to bed at night. I tuck him in and I give him my heart - physically doing the motions of taking it out of me and putting it where his heart is, and he promises me to take care of it and not to EVER give it anyone else. We have been doing this for over a year now and it is so endearing to me. I love you Robby - yes more than all the stars and planets ten gazzillion times and then some.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment