This weekend for our Friday night date Tom and I went to Park City and didn't come home until Saturday afternoon. I felt a little guilty leaving the kids because we just did this 3 weeks ago. We had a babysitter, and didn't have to pay for a hotel, so...I managed to set the guilt aside for the night out. Our Friday night babysitter is Kandace, who my kids absolutely LOVE. Robby asks me nearly everyday if it's Friday, because he knows she comes on Fridays. It's a beautiful thing to have a babysitter the kids love and we trust. We have had a few great babysitters, Patricia I've mentioned before is also amazing with our kids. Kandace helped me put the guilt aside. We had so much fun. We met friends at a really great Thai restaurant and ate wonderful food. We watched a stupid movie, we made good use of our hotel room and enjoyed getting out of Utah County! Park City is so gorgeous right now the leaves are changing, the air is crisp, fall has arrive. We were driving home Saturday and I realized we ate the kids treats I bought them! It's Tom's fault about midnight he is in the mood for chocolate so we ate the kids chocolate treats. This gets me thinking I will make it up by taking them to a movie or to the park. We get home and I brought Risi in to talk to me about what we could do. She reminds me of a promise I made her and Maya months ago to go to Build a Bear for doing such a great job at their dance performance. And, as you all know kids are like elephants and they don't forget! So we went to Build a Bear and spent a lot of money on more stuffed animals - ugh! Why did I promise that? Oh well, they had a blast, especially Robby. I showed them the ones they could pick from and Robby kept bringing me the bears on display wanting those ones, =the ones already made and put together so when I get his for him and it isn't done or made yet, he starts crying saying it's broken he doesn't want a broken one. It was so sad and funny at the same time. It was also really fun to see their personalities show in the clothes and bears they picked. We all had a good weekend. Here are some pictures of them with their bears.
Sunday, September 7, 2008
Bears, Bears, Bears
This weekend for our Friday night date Tom and I went to Park City and didn't come home until Saturday afternoon. I felt a little guilty leaving the kids because we just did this 3 weeks ago. We had a babysitter, and didn't have to pay for a hotel, so...I managed to set the guilt aside for the night out. Our Friday night babysitter is Kandace, who my kids absolutely LOVE. Robby asks me nearly everyday if it's Friday, because he knows she comes on Fridays. It's a beautiful thing to have a babysitter the kids love and we trust. We have had a few great babysitters, Patricia I've mentioned before is also amazing with our kids. Kandace helped me put the guilt aside. We had so much fun. We met friends at a really great Thai restaurant and ate wonderful food. We watched a stupid movie, we made good use of our hotel room and enjoyed getting out of Utah County! Park City is so gorgeous right now the leaves are changing, the air is crisp, fall has arrive. We were driving home Saturday and I realized we ate the kids treats I bought them! It's Tom's fault about midnight he is in the mood for chocolate so we ate the kids chocolate treats. This gets me thinking I will make it up by taking them to a movie or to the park. We get home and I brought Risi in to talk to me about what we could do. She reminds me of a promise I made her and Maya months ago to go to Build a Bear for doing such a great job at their dance performance. And, as you all know kids are like elephants and they don't forget! So we went to Build a Bear and spent a lot of money on more stuffed animals - ugh! Why did I promise that? Oh well, they had a blast, especially Robby. I showed them the ones they could pick from and Robby kept bringing me the bears on display wanting those ones, =the ones already made and put together so when I get his for him and it isn't done or made yet, he starts crying saying it's broken he doesn't want a broken one. It was so sad and funny at the same time. It was also really fun to see their personalities show in the clothes and bears they picked. We all had a good weekend. Here are some pictures of them with their bears.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
How in the world do you get a free get a way with a babysitter? Who is giving up Free Services? I need to find on of those sitters! It all sounds Heavenly! The leafs, dinner, movie, friends. Mmmm
I want to know what you mnet when you said "We made Good use of our Room?" Ahh Yea Baby!
The kids llok cute with the bears... fun times! I hope Robbies is not Broken for heaven Sakes you pay a arm and leg for those things! The kids love 'm and thats all that matters!
You good mom you...and I mean by eating the kids chocolate! JK. I wish I could send you our million and one build a bears...sitting in boxes or given to goodwill....I know the joy of the experience...but we could send all 4 kids to college and pay for wedding with the money we waste on toys....but they are happy and I am toooooo...glad you had a weekend away and I am gagging that you made good use of your hotel room....oh Shahara!
I think the bears were worth every penny...look at the smiles on their faces?!! What a memorable treat.
Post a Comment