We have the greatest neighbors ever. Seriously, I can't imagine moving away from our neighborhood, our ward and especially our next door neighbors the Heaton family. Tonight for family home evening the Heaton's invited us to their house/farm in Genola, this is a house they hope to retire to someday - hopefully in a LONG someday. My kids LOVE picking vegetables, and the Heaton's have a beautiful garden at their home in Genola. It was so much fun to see the kids pick corn, beans, and pumpkins tonight. They did a really great job picking the corn and green beans. The corn is the best corn any of us have ever had. It is like candy it's so sweet! Maya was helping our neighbors the Magelby's (Patricia's family) pick green beans a few Saturday's ago, and she came home and said, "Mom, can that be one of my job's because it's hard work and it's so fun." It's so wonderful to see our kids enjoy this so much. We are absolutely having a garden next year, and looking forward to growing things we love to eat. This year, Risi helped me with our flower garden, and her and Maya both are wonderful at pulling weeds. On the way home we asked each of the kids what vegetable they want to plant next year. It was fun to hear what they want. In addition to the vegetable picking, we had a yummy dinner. Shaun and Eddy made a very impressive bon fire and we roasted hot dogs and had fresh corn and of course marshmallows. It was one of those perfect nights with the kids, and good friends. Oh - and the view out there is spectacular. Once again it makes me so grateful for where I live. I didn't take enough pictures, but did get some good ones of the garden and the kids.
Monday, September 22, 2008
Genola Fun
We have the greatest neighbors ever. Seriously, I can't imagine moving away from our neighborhood, our ward and especially our next door neighbors the Heaton family. Tonight for family home evening the Heaton's invited us to their house/farm in Genola, this is a house they hope to retire to someday - hopefully in a LONG someday. My kids LOVE picking vegetables, and the Heaton's have a beautiful garden at their home in Genola. It was so much fun to see the kids pick corn, beans, and pumpkins tonight. They did a really great job picking the corn and green beans. The corn is the best corn any of us have ever had. It is like candy it's so sweet! Maya was helping our neighbors the Magelby's (Patricia's family) pick green beans a few Saturday's ago, and she came home and said, "Mom, can that be one of my job's because it's hard work and it's so fun." It's so wonderful to see our kids enjoy this so much. We are absolutely having a garden next year, and looking forward to growing things we love to eat. This year, Risi helped me with our flower garden, and her and Maya both are wonderful at pulling weeds. On the way home we asked each of the kids what vegetable they want to plant next year. It was fun to hear what they want. In addition to the vegetable picking, we had a yummy dinner. Shaun and Eddy made a very impressive bon fire and we roasted hot dogs and had fresh corn and of course marshmallows. It was one of those perfect nights with the kids, and good friends. Oh - and the view out there is spectacular. Once again it makes me so grateful for where I live. I didn't take enough pictures, but did get some good ones of the garden and the kids.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I miss utah...and I want your same neighbors...and you to help me keep an eyes on things too! miss you
Oh... what a Perfect Night! I can't believe you guys are already in Sweatshirts. Has fall already fallen upon you? I miss that season out here.. I love that time of year! Love the farm photos. Looks like a great FHE! I miss that Heaton family. And Of Course we Miss you!
Post a Comment