Sunday, February 22, 2009

Tidbits from the kiddos

I should just start a little column on the side of this blog of the funny or not so funny things my kids say on a daily basis that I want to remember. Anyhow, todays came from Risi. Maya was pulling her usual 'I hate church' protest as I told her to go get tights and shoes on. She came down stairs wearing a very cute blue dress, hair cute, and red socks with ugly brown shoes. So, I sent her back up stairs to put on what I had set out for her. She was crying like it was the end of the world, when Tom questioned me about why she was crying, I said, "The usual, she hates church" Risi, overheard me and you almost have to hear her tone of voice to find this humorous, but here a stab at it anyway, her response was, "I sure hope she's a Mormon when she grows up." Tom and I both started laughing and she said, "That was not suppose to be funny." She's right, it's not funny, we're talking eternal salvation here people. Come on Maya, jump on board, we want you for eternity we really do!

6 comments:

Kelly said...

That is soooo Cute! I Love that Risi is so conserned about Maya's her "Eternal Salvation!"
I can so see your girls all decked out heading out the door to church. I so wish I could head with you. I rememeber the good ol' days when we both had a baby or two on our hips bouncing as we tried to listen in RS.
What happy times...
I love you!

Suzanne said...

I wouldn't worry too much. My mother also worried for many years that I might not be a Mormon when I grew up. And I think I turned out just fine... (but my mom is all gray and has high blood pressure, and I can't help but think that it may be in large part to me as a teenager.)

Jen Guthrie said...

I feel your pain on the getting of kids to church...so cute the things they say....and if it helps..jake was assigned to say the prayer in primary...held in the chapel and though he pulled out the protest he still went up there but put one hand over his face/eyes while saying the prayer...good grief charlie brown!

Mary said...

Did you make her wear tights?

HARA said...

Mary - Yes I did, mostly b/c the red valentine socks she had on were mine and they were dirty. You are practically perfect, give me some advice! I'm failing here...

The Weights said...

Now that is Funny!! Hey maybe she just has it switched around-and she won't give you any trouble about going to church when she is a teenager!! Wishful thinking!!

Any news on Adam and Kim?