Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Halloween

Attempt at group picture
Grandma reading to the kids - Robby was hot.
This pasta is so yummy, and it's EASY my kids love it.
It's chicken, mixed veggies, dry ranch dressing
and butter. It takes about 10 min. from start to
finish and my kids LOVE it.
The cauldron - this was funny it scared Miles
Scary yummy food!
Robby and Isaac are best friends and cousins.
Buggy - she went back to the punch bowl all night,
and when we got home, it may have been spiked,
she was bouncing off the walls.
My little monster, being him.
A minute later, probably after a bribe to smile
He is the cutest monster in the whole world.
Risi's costume ended up being my favorite,
"Marisa Mayhem"
I'll try to get a better picture on Friday.
She came up with this all on her own.



This years Halloween party was AWESOME. Mostly, because I haven't spent a dime on costumes. I told the kids we were not buying anything this year. No one complained. They were very creative, even spiderman has on a cape he made at a birthday party. Miles is the blue monster, very fitting, and Marisa came down the stairs very excited about her choice to be "Marisa Mayhem" I was relieved, because her first choice was Miss America. Praises be, to Miss Mayhem instead. Maya used a dance costume and was kind of a dog-witch??? Who knows, who cares, they got dressed up, were able to wear some make-up and Grandma did her thing. Which is food, dinner and an entire dessert buffet. This really is the only part of Halloween I enjoy. My mom does an amazing job every year. She was such a great 'holiday mom' as I was growing up. And, now she is the perfect 'holiday grandma' which is very fortunate for my children, because I am terrible. Just today, Risi asked me if we could get out our Halloween decorations. I sort of looked at her like she was crazy, because Halloween is pretty much here. I really thought I had dodged that bullet, and oh, don't worry, for me it feels like a bullet. My response to her was asking her what she thought about getting Christmas out on Monday, after Halloween. Yeah, she didn't go for it. So, thank you mother, I absolutely love you for providing my children with fun nights like tonight. I don't just think of this holiday as one I could do without, I really don't like it. Read last year's rant. Feelings haven't changed, only become a little more charged.
In the meantime, I'm eagerly awaiting turkey time.

5 comments:

McKinnley said...

Looks like you had a Great night! What were you dress up as? I tried to tell my kids I wasn't buying coustumes either... until McKinnley went to her 1st boy/girl Halloween party...Heath and I got invited to a party... the kids all have a Book parade at school and had to dress up... so everyone ended up with a new one! We really better make it a good night to make up for that bill.
Wish we were trick or treatinng with you. Do you remember the year we were pushing strollers kids on our hubbys shoulders and watching the kids run from house to house. Oh I wish I could snap my fingers and be home with you for a good night of Treats~!
Miss you!
Opps this is from Kelly

wanda.blck said...

The Halloweeen party looked like so much fun. Yes, your mom is a wonderful host - for adults as well as kids....I've been to her house before for fun and games. Your four are darling ..in or out...of costumes! Wannie

Suzanne said...

Your kids are so cute! And see, you aren't THAT big of a Halloween grinch... there are some awesome looking spooky treats on that table. I really love Halloween... it goes back to my childhood. I had an uncle who did a HUGE, elaborate neighborhood Halloween party every year. Ahh, I miss those days.

I need to hear more about Marisa's costume... I'm totally intrigued. =)

nicole b said...

I hope I'm a grandma like that one day! How fun! And kudos for not spending any cash on the costumes this year! I want to do that every year, but somehow that never happens, so congrats. i think costumes are a huge waste of money, but Jeff is always good to go spend $40 bucks on a cheap(as in poorly made) costume that will fall apart before Halloween even gets here! :)

Sharlene, Mom, Grammy said...

What a fun, fun, fun post. Loved the costumes! So cute! And yes, your Mom is the best. She puts me to shame. I enjoyd watching her put all that together--stood talking with her as she frosted the cupcakes, and made all the spooky stuff. What a talented and creative Grandpa (Mom). I loved being in Provo and being in on a few things going on there at the Sanft home. I also loved the "write up" you put with the pictures. You are so funny!