There was a twig down his shirt
This is arguably the best of our 4 seasons in Utah. Miles has an obsession with the mountains lately. He looks at them as we drive and begs me to take him - THERE. Well, a few weeks ago we started walking up Provo and Rock Canyons. There are really easy safe trails for these guys. And, I have re-discovered how easy it is to put smiles on their faces. As we walk Miles will ask me about 30 times if we are on the mountain. I say yes, and we go through this routine several times until we are in the car going home. He loves it, he loves to find sticks and bugs and throw rocks in the water. He likes to feel how cold the water is, and then put his hands in my pockets. Robby likes to feel his feet squish in his shoes. He looks for 'an even bigger' rock than the last one to jump off of. He asks me what kind of trees or flowers we see, and most the time I am making up names. I tell him I don't know so I make them up like I did when I was a kid, he starts to catch on and makes up his own names. He collects rocks and forgets they are in his pockets. It's really making this season great for me, because I was having a serious post-summer melt down. Glad that's gone, Fall is fabulous, it's just never long enough. My goal is to get up these canyons that are ten minutes away every day while we can. We'll see how that goes.
4 comments:
Fantastic pictures and a darling description of your adventures. Such cute boys! Ah, yes, Fall is in the air.
you are such a good mom! Lucky boys! Sounds like a perfect afternoon after a rough day yesterday! You have to take advantage of these days because they don't last long! Long live fall!
Oh I miss those mountains... trees and the 4 seasons. We are stil melting here. Although I can't complain we are still swimming and loving that... But we sure miss the Utah fall weather and those beautiful mountains! And most of all our Favorite Utah Friends! Wish we were with you collecting rocks, twigs, and enjoying the mountains!
xoxoxo
Opps this is from Kelly!
I love fall, but Utah's fall only lasts for about two weeks! Bummer! You did a great job showing the colors... even slightly out of focus. Your boys are so dang cute.(My kids also collect rocks and put them in their pockets... I find them in the washing machine.)
Post a Comment