Thursday, June 11, 2009

Go away June

I'm a little frustrated with June, June and I are not current friends. Perhaps it is the rain. No, it is certainly the rain. I love rain, but this is summer and I have plans for summer. It's a short time before my kids return to school, and I intended for this to be our time. We have hikes to do, swimming to be done, snowies to be downed, and lazy park days under a tree with kids perfecting monkey bars. This is not fair, not acceptable. I watched the weather last night, rain, rain and more rain coming our way, even through next week. Blasted, cursed rain, raining on my summertime parade. Oh, my flower garden is in full of color, and so are weeds overtaking all their brilliance. I'm to depressed to get out there and fight them. So, inside I find myself angry at June. July, please be better to my summertime dreams.

2 comments:

Sharlene, Mom, Grammy said...

Don't forget the rainbows---only rain brings us delicious, beautiful rainbows. Good luck with July!!

Sharlene, Mom, Grammy said...

You won't believe this, but Saturday, Russ and I were driving to go shopping and right in front of us---I'm not kidding---right in front of us where road meets sky was the biggest, most BEAUTIFUL rainbow I have ever seen. I counted about 6-7 colors in this ribbon. Even my husband was taken aback by the beauty of this rainbow that filled the sky. [We've had rainey days, too.]