Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Viva Las Vegas




It's so close I can't stop thinking about it, Tom and I are going to Las Vegas on Friday and staying until Sunday. I was thinking I couldn't remember the last time we had a getaway from kids. Pathetically, it was actually not that long ago, I think it was in September, we spent a night in Park City. I love my kids dearly, truly I do, I don't need to write this to convince myself or any of you, I know that. I am simply one of those mom's, and apparently wives that needs a night away a few times a year. We have the most amazing babysitter/nanny for our kids. We call her Mary Poppins, actually she is better than Poppins. The kids also have 2 sets of grandparents with in 5 miles of us. Tom's parents are within walking distance, and both will be helping. It's so much easier to leave knowing they are surrounded by people who love them. For those of you who do get away once in a while if you are like me, I miss my kids a lot while I'm gone and come back such a better mother.
I put pictures up to brag about the beautiful accommodations we will be temporary residents of, the new Marriott Grand Chateau. We are going to the final games of the Mountain West basketball tournament. This will be the 4th time we have attended this event. I love college basketball, it might be my favorite sport to watch. March Madness is the greatest sporting event ever. I love it. Watching so many games that come down last minute shots, and overtime and double overtime, it's the best. I have sat in the Thomas and Mac Center 7 months pregnant, suppose to be on bed rest watching 4 games in one day. 3 weeks later, Maya was born. Maybe that's why she was born early. Anyway, I'm a fan, and you'll get my "I love baseball season" post in the early fall.
Oh, but mostly I am so excited to be alone for 72 hours at least, uninterrupted with just Tom.

4 comments:

Kelly said...

Ahhh Yea Baby! What a Blast! I am soo excited for you! To bad we weren't in Vegas a week later we could have hooked up for dinner...
Cheer Loud! I am excited to hear about it!

A&K Sanft said...

Yea Adam just told me that you guys were down there...good for you. Enjoy every minute of it I say:) Those dresses for the girls are beautiful by the way, they look gorgeous!!! I hope they get to wear them some more to show off.

Jenna Harris said...

I hope you had so much fun. I want to get away, too. And I totally agree--I pine for the kids the whole time I'm gone and I'm saintly for two whole days after I come back. Then it's back to real life.

Jen Guthrie said...

I am soooo jealous...what I would do right now for a weekend away with my hubby...wanna drive down here to Reno and keep my kids? Hahahahahaha...I know you...you will seriously think about doing this for me...I am just teasing...my day will come...my day will come!