There are moments that are priceless being a mother. Tonight as I put my kids in bed, tucking each one in, they were so amazing. Maya and Ris both thanked me for letting them dance, and taking them to see Tom - for about 10 minutes as he was passing through town back to work. He had Braden's recital in SLC and came through Orem (the long way to Duchesne) so he could say hi to the kids. Robby got in bed after only being asked once, that in itself brings tears to my eyes, and then as I got him all cozy, gave him my heart, and told him I love you, he said, "Mom, I love you more." Which I always is the general response of mine to the kids when I tell them I love them, they say it back and my response is I love you more, and often times I love to the moon and back. Miles, he melted my heart when he saw Tom, (he is finally starting to speak in short sentences) he said, "Daddy home," and he said it 3-4 times and I teared up. This was only Tom's first day back for the week. We will hopefully have him home Saturday and then we get him Tuesday for 7 days. It really is moments that make my job of these precious childrens mother the best job I could dream of. They are so great, so talented and sweet and thankful. I love you kiddos!
Tuesday, March 3, 2009
Best job ever
There are moments that are priceless being a mother. Tonight as I put my kids in bed, tucking each one in, they were so amazing. Maya and Ris both thanked me for letting them dance, and taking them to see Tom - for about 10 minutes as he was passing through town back to work. He had Braden's recital in SLC and came through Orem (the long way to Duchesne) so he could say hi to the kids. Robby got in bed after only being asked once, that in itself brings tears to my eyes, and then as I got him all cozy, gave him my heart, and told him I love you, he said, "Mom, I love you more." Which I always is the general response of mine to the kids when I tell them I love them, they say it back and my response is I love you more, and often times I love to the moon and back. Miles, he melted my heart when he saw Tom, (he is finally starting to speak in short sentences) he said, "Daddy home," and he said it 3-4 times and I teared up. This was only Tom's first day back for the week. We will hopefully have him home Saturday and then we get him Tuesday for 7 days. It really is moments that make my job of these precious childrens mother the best job I could dream of. They are so great, so talented and sweet and thankful. I love you kiddos!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
It makes me 'tear up' just reading your blog and knowing how much you love your kids and Tom. My heart aches whenever I think of you and Heidi and Heidi and her kids and how much she is missed by Don and I. Next time we lunch I need to open up a little to you about my feelings...I keep everything so bottled up - never telling anyone what's in my heart. Maybe I can share with you..we'll see.
I completely agree!! There are those precious, perfect moments that you wish you could freeze!! Being a mom is a great job- filled with work- but with the greatest compensation!!!
Hear, hear! I love being a mom, too, especially in the Big Picture, but sometimes in the Everyday Moments, I get a little frustrated. Thank you for the reminder! Love the photos!
Those Monkeys are sooo LUCKY to have you! LOVED seeing you in the photo... we don't get to see enough of you.
Love those kids... they are getting so big. Loved seeing your family in action through your front door. It reminded me of the good old days. It made me so happy to see you but oh so homesick!
You are a good mommy...
Post a Comment