Yes, they waited in line, Risi and Miles - with anticpation to see this guy who is somehow extra "jolly" far to early in the morning. This year our ward Christmas party was a morning breakfast. I hate mornings. Mornings are ok, if I can sort of go at my own pace leading into the day, but getting up and getting kids ready for something - NO, I don't like it, I hate it.
Back to my story; I don't think Miles has really ever seen Santa before this year. Is that possible? Apparently it is, let me add that to that place in my head labeled "Mom guilt." Risi finally reached the end of the line and handed Miles over to Santa. I have the camera ready and I really wasn't thinking he would cry, because he isn't afraid of anything. The lil guy cried, and cried and it was that so sad kinda cry like he really was scared, because he really was scared! And, he looked out at me knowing surely I would save him, yet all the while I was laughing making sure Santa kept him so I could snap away. Some people have money set aside for kids college funds, missions etc, we have a little something set aside for therapy down the road. He will be O.K!
Good ol Santa had something all sparkly and shiny in that hand of his, and Miles spotted it. After a few minutes - well probably A minute of emotional torture, Miles was given the sparkly, shiny present, which was a bag filled with candy. Upon being given this treasure, he stopped crying instantly, it was like that sad cry was totally fake, perhaps it was. With the candy and the source of the candy he most likely would have sat on the Jolly King's lap all day!
Despite my being grumpy about getting 5 people ready to go out in public, we had nice morning. The kids had fun, we ate a yummy breakfast, listened to Christmas carols, and we were together which was the best part. I absolutely love this neighborhood we live in. We have wonderful friends, people who are incredibly selfless all year long, not just during this season. Having Tom gone as much as he is would be so much harder without my neighbors.
4 comments:
Don't feel Guilty... Millie hasn't seen Santa either. I have talked alot about him and she knows he says, "ho ho ho" I count that as Good!
Your day sounded fun except getting up early it must be a Mother of 5 thing. WE NEED OUR SLEEP! Risi looks so tall sitting on Santa's lap. Are you ready for all the fun ahead?
Wish I could run over a Christmas treat and give you a Giant HUG!
Just know I LOVE YOU!
Heath would love a hug too but this is really from Kelly
His computer is struggling so he is on mine for most of his stuff here at home and I forget to log out.
I can't check facebook from work and that's really the only time I'm ever online unless I go over to my parents house. So in other words, I guess I haven't gotten your message yet but I will read it first thing tomorrow when I get a second!
My cell number is (801)830-0365
and my home number is (405)753-4193
Since I'm working a graveyard right now I will probably sleep most of the day tomorrow, then I have a haircut to do at 6:45pm tomorrow night, so any time after that it would be awsm to talk if you're not busy! I SOOO miss you and miss being able to visit you. I miss having someone to talk to and vent to and get every single thing out to every once in a while. Someone that I can trust. I wish I would have taken advantage of it more when I did live closer to you. I didn't know the blessing I had living in Utah until I moved away and realized I didn't take advantage of them all.
I can't believe how fast Miles has grown up. He's only a month older than Kolby... I didn't put that together until I read your blog posts. Wow. I am so jelous but so happy for you! I am amazed that he is so healthy now. I remember how scary it was all those times he kept ending back up in primary children's hospital. I felt so guilty having Kolby being so perfectly healthy and standing by feeling helpless while Miles was fighting for his own life. He is such a Miracle. I am so greatful he pulled through. I remember praying and praying that he would be okay. I couldn't get by in life without prayer. Prayer is so powerful. It is so amazing.
Love you bunches,
Cassie Jo
A party in the morning? Now, that is a novel idea. Maybe I'll share that with our ward folks! It seems so funny to me to see all those little white kids in your ward. Our ward is so diverse!! We have all shades of brown and they are so beautiful. Your kids are getting so so big. Risi looks just like you!
That sounds like a fun ward party! I am sure that Miles will get over the Santa "Thing", with little or no therapy!! I actually think that every child needs a crying on Santa's lap picture- a rite of passage of sorts! I am excited to see you guys on Monday!!
Post a Comment