Friday, July 9, 2010

My Practically Perfect Parents

My parents are saints. Saints I tell ya. They are raising my nieces and nephews, and having Sunday dinners and holiday BBQ's and taking care of my 90 year old grandma and so much more. Oh like, hmm lets see I dunno my dad has become my personal gardener and mechanic, he also told me today he wants to come over and clean out my garage, and my storage room and Tom's office. He calls me daily just to see what I'm up to, he always has, and I am so happy that even with all he has going on he still does, it makes my day. My mom makes it to any of my kids events I mention which makes me feel guilty because they are raising 4 kids, 2 of which are babies. She is an amazing cook, and makes us the meals we grew up with only they seem to taste better. She sews for my girls. I can barely mend a button. And, all the while their house is insanely clean, and their yard should and could be in Better Homes and Gardens. THEY ARE AMAZING!
So, I know it's come and gone, Mother's Day and Father's Day, but I just need to say here how much I love them and am so proud of all they do for our family - not just my family but my brothers and my sisters families as well. They don't hear thank you nearly as much as they should.
I love you both. You are my heroes.

2 comments:

Sharlene, Mom, Grammy said...

Shahara, this just brings tears to my eyes. I agree with everything you wrote. Your parents are Saints! Absolutely. I feel privileged to have been your Mom's friend from our childhood. She and your Dad are the best!!! Love them!! And look what a wonderful daughter they raised. :)

Joni said...

What is it with their generation? They are like Superman and Superwoman! Thanks for sharing, they are an inspiration!