Winter 'stuff'
Everyone knows I do not like winter, however, I do love playing with the kids. In January we celebrated Tom's birthday. We had dinner at Tom's parents, and his mother made her delicious milkyway cake. It's amazing, maybe my favorite desert. Before dinner, Tom was playing with Miles, he was throwing him up in the air, his shoulder gave out on him and he dropped Miles. Miles ended up landing on a sharp table corner hitting that spot on his head. It left a mark. Lots of blood and an hour later, the very kind pediatrician/Bishop Wynn went with us to his office, and stitched him up. For the life of me I can not remember how Miles turned green in that next picture. Maybe it was that Willy Wonka candy lik a stik stuff. Then one afternoon I kept Robby home from school and we went to Kangaroo Zoo with some friends. It's a place that has huge, gigantic inflatables and it was so much fun. The boys loved it, Miles was fearless. I love being home with the boys in the mornings. A week ago they took swimming lessons from our friend Pam. They had 4 ten minute lessons. She is so great, Miles was jumping off the diving board his first day back. They remembered the skills from early fall and are so ready for summer swimming. I attended parent teacher conferences last week and while I am used to great reports, this time around I was blown away at HOW great each child is doing. Risi has straight A's, and is thriving in math. Her teacher spent 20 minutes telling me how perfect she is and I know she meant it. Maya's teacher told me Maya is really coming out of her shell, not being nearly as shy as she was even before Christmas. I love hearing great things about my kids! Now, I just want the sun to shine, the grass to turn green and the spring flowers to make an appearance!
2 comments:
I loved reading about your winter adventures and loved the pictures even more! I'm sorry about Miles's head, though. :(
Can you give out the recipe for the yummy Milky Way Cake?(or is it a family secret?)
Finally, I'm not surprised at all at the good school reports. Your kids obviously inherited your genes. :)
WOW looks like life has been good despite the head split open and the cold winter weather! But with spring just around the corner and Miles's head on the mend you should be good to go!
I MISS YOU!!!
I love Risi Hair, yes she does look old and Beautiful! Nice job with the good grades!
That cake sounds like one I need to get the goods on! I read about it last night and have thought of it several times since.
I love the update! Keep it up!
xoxoxoxo
Post a Comment