Monday, March 29, 2010

Mommy's break down and some bragging, but mostly the Mommy meltdown

I have so much to write about, like a weekend alone without the kiddos, while Mary Poppins tended to their every need, as well as that "spoon full of sugar" trick to get them cleaning and HAPPY about it. She is magical, we love her. The next week Tom went back to work and I had sick kids, really sick kids for about 5 days. I cried a lot, and slept very little. During that week we discovered Miles left hearing implant is not working. There is hope it may be fixed without surgery. Again, more crying. Every time the kids are sick it seems like Tom is at work. I called my sweet practically perfect next door neighbor Angie Heaton on Friday night crying, asking if she could get Miles some Popsicles and medicine. He wasn't eating much or drinking. He had a fever at one point of 105. Scary. Tom thought he would be able to get home Saturday mid morning. He ended up coming home Saturday evening and staying until Sunday until about 1:00. He left and I cried again. I was a complete mess for days.
He did get home early Tuesday which is rare, and goes back tomorrow. Wow, that week went by way to fast. I'm still not sleeping well, I think I'm so worried about Miles it's hard to get really good sleep.
The kids received there 3rd term report cards and did outstanding. Risi had 1 A- and 6 A's. She also had a huge project we worked on for weeks. It was a desert diorama and a report about the desert ecosystem. She was the only student in all of 4th grade to get the total 100 points possible. She so rocked it. I took tons of pictures of the diorama which I promise to post. I'm just to tired to upload them now. Maya received all O's which is the equivalent of A's they don't get A, B, C grades until 4th grades. And, Robby was also amazing with his grades, I think he had all O's except a G+ which I think stands for great - the O is outstanding. They are such great kids.
Keep my little guy in in prayers and thoughts. Hopefully the weeks to come will bring about spring flowers in abundance, many park days, and a lot less crying!

4 comments:

Sharlene, Mom, Grammy said...

I'm so sorry about all your tears. But I totally understand. I remember well my days of an absent husband (business trips) and sick little ones. No fun.
But glad your kids brought home such "O"utstanding report cards, and we will keep Miles in our prayers. Hang in there!

Mary said...

So was Miles sick because of the implant or something separate? Oh, that sounds so awful. And I've been meaning to ask you who exactly is this Mary Poppins of yours? You're obviously doing a wonderful job with your kids excelling so much. Love you!

Suzanne said...

Do you realize that you can call me for popsicles and medicine whenever you need to?? Please do! I know I'm spazzy and flakey with stuff that's been going on here... but I am so, so willing to help you whenever I can. Dude, call me next time!

nicole b said...

You are amazing! I don't know how you do it while Tom is away. I hope that things have improved with Miles' implant--such stressful stuff! Hang in there!