Risi's TENTH Birthday
I want to put up a few of Risi's very fun birthday party pictures. We spent the night at a cabin in Duchesne. Risi had her cousin's Hannah and Rayma come, along with neighbor friend MacKayla, and her cute pesky little sister Maya aka Buggy. Needless to say it was a girls night bash. I took games and movies, neither of which we got too. The girls started talking about experiences they had the past summer at 5th grade camp. Risi will go this next year, I think. When we got there I had to break them away from making up and acting out skits to open presents. These girls are drama queens - really. I wish I would have taken a camcorder - ours is broken, bummer.
They were really cute, very polite and my only complaint was the very late hour they managed to stay awake - duh!
Risi is such a beautiful girl. I see her so full of confidence, something as a mother I fear I can't help my kids develope. She is really finding things she loves, things she feels passionate about and it's exciting to see these things be possitive things in her life. She loves school and learning. She is a deep thinker and is always helping her siblings and parents. She is funny and silly and polite. I see her being the girl people want to be friends with because she is kind and generous. Our little boys love her, and Maya adores her - most the time. I love the mornings - which are many - that I go to wake up the girls and find them both cuddled up in the same twin bed. And, though I grumble at the late hour they often stay up talking, I know this is something that is helping them build a very close relationship.
I love you Risi - to the moon and back!
4 comments:
"Girls just wanna have fun" comes to mind as I look at these darling pix!! Who wouldn't want to be part of that party. What day in November did Risi turn 10? What a talented young lady--beautiful inside and out. Thanks for sharing.
So much drama in such a small space... =) I love the "striking a pose" pic. Do you worry for the teen years as I do??
What Fun! Happy Birthday Risi... We wish we could come give you a Giant Birthday hug!
Love you
I love your new FAMILY PICTURE, layout, wallpaper----whatever all that is called. Everything looks so fresh and ready for spring. :)
Post a Comment