Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Friends, Family, good times

Robby
Robby and Miles
Heaton's pile of rocks taunting the kids to climb on

Moana, kids and I
'Ams, Me, and Mo
Mo and Risi jumping into the weeds
Risi and 'Ams

Leanna, me, Mo and 'Ams about 3:00 a.m.

My lifetime BFF's rolled into to town this weekend. Moana has been living in Harlem New York for the past 10 years maybe a little longer, an amazing artist, and poet. She is the youngest sister of the 4 Niumeitolu sisters I grew up with. 'Amelia and Moana are sisters. 'Amelia is currently living near Los Angeles and just graduated from California State University Northridge. 'Ams is a film maker and incredibly talented. Leanna is living in SLC and finishing up her schooling at the University of Utah, she also does a lot of volunteer work for several organizations. They are truly powerful, strong, intelligent women. I love them.
So, these are some pictures of Friday night and Saturday morning. They left me on Saturday to go to my beloved Moab. I couldn't make the trip, something about not being single and having 4 kids. Someday.
I didn't get any pictures of my last trip to California to visit Ryan's family. I forgot my camera. It made me slightly sick to my stomach to not get beach pictures this summer with Ry's kids. I have beach pictures of the last 3 summers. Regardless of the pictureless trip, we had a great time, and driving alone there and back was not so bad. I left Risi in St. George for a few days with her cousin Abby, she loved every minute of being with her. I think she felt like she was finally being acknowledged for the big kid she is by being left 'alone.' I missed the heck out of her, and was so glad when she came home 3 days later.
The summer re-cap will be coming soon. I will say for June sort of being a sucky month, this summer has been one of my favorites. We have played so hard and had so much fun, it makes me tear up to think it's coming to an end.

2 comments:

Sharlene, Mom, Grammy said...

Wow! What a fun weekend! I am so impressed with your girlfriends' credentials. Yes, very powerful, strong women. And what talent!
Glad California was great---you'll remember it in your heart, even without the pictures.

Kelly said...

Looks like a BLAST! Happy to read your Month is better than June! We came into town and missed you while you were on your trip! Bummer! Your front flowers look wonderful! I miss you!