Friday, August 14, 2009

Robby and Maya

Robby is growing up, and it's making my slightly, a lot sick to my stomach.  The way I can tell, he isn't saying those funny, witty things as often, or even asking nearly as many questions as he was even 6 months ago.  
But, just this past week he came up with a few.  And, I am happy.
Robby to me, "Mom it's ok that you ate my skittles."  Me, "Rob I didn't eat your skittles, what are you talking about.??  "Yes, mom, in my dream you ate my skittle all the way gone, and I cried.  But it's ok, because I can get some more, right mom?"   A boy can dream.  
On Tuesday they went to a cooking class at a local grocery store with Tom's mom, (brave woman taking all 3, I warned her.)  So, of course anytime and I mean ANYTIME Robby and Maya are together there is usually an incident.  They were fighting over who got to sit on grandma's lap.  The other had to sit on Risi's.  Well, Maya won and Robby showed he was upset by hitting her.  When confronted by me later about what went on, Robby said, "Mom I didn't hit her, I just petted her."  I laughed, mostly at the image of the violent petting across her face that happened.
Maya has turned our painting of Christ that hangs on our living room wall into her own confessional.  The first time I saw this I nearly wet my pants I laughed so hard.  She was standing on the couch with her most earnest voice telling Jesus all about the sins committed by her sister toward her.  Oh, and she also let Him know all about Miles hitting and pinching, and Robby got shout out to for his wrong doings.  
Kids are funny, a free form of lasting entertainment, at least the precious moments when they aren't crying or throwing punches at each other. 
Sorry Facebook friends, you got a re-cap on the Robbisms.

2 comments:

Suzanne said...

A confessional... that is the most hilarious thing I've heard all day. Thanks... =)

I love having your kids in primary. I'm dead serious. They are awesome.

Sharlene, Mom, Grammy said...

It's so nice that you are recording these wonderful childhood antics for yourself and future generations. I laughed out loud all the way this post. I love the dream about the Skittles. Too cute!