Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Happy Birthday Braden

Braden turned 14 yesterday. He is such an amazing kid, teenager. We were lucky enough to have him for the afternoon and evening yesterday and we had such a great time being with him.



This a my way cool brother Adam.

Adam works in the athletic department at BYU, he works with the compliance director making sure BYU follows NCAA regulations. He has a seriously sweet job. He agreed to help us surprise Braden with a special tour of the athletic department for Braden's birthday. I think it's safe to say Braden LOVED it. For those of you who know my Pops you know he is the biggest BYU fan on the planet, yeah, for those of you who think you are - you haven't even come close to my daddio, so sorry but no you are not the greatest cougar fan. My childhood vacations growing up were all centered around BYU football Holiday bowl trips. I have been to more BYU football bowl games than I remember. My dad has an archive of BYU football tapes that probably rival's BYU. He watches and re-watches games tapes all year long. My point that I'm taking 50000 words to get too, Braden may likely be giving my dad a run for his money. He is loves BYU sports, and like my dad football is his favorite. It was thrilling to surprise him with this 'gift.' He is 14, meaning he is at that age where it's hard to get him to crack a smile. It was so fun to see him smile many times during the 2 hours my dear brother spent with us taking us through the football department and a few other athletic departments, but mostly football. The football offices are amazing, it is like something you see in movies, Adam explained a lot of it is about recruiting. If I was a kid in high school coming to visit BYU, I'd be asking for a pen and letter of intent.

Who knows, Braden, someday, maybe Adam will be making sure you are in compliance! How cool would that be? Oh and when you get a look at these pictures and see how big Braden is, remember he is only 14, with a size 14 shoe, at least 6 ft tall and yes, still growing.

I also need to say Braden is such a great young man. He is kind and grateful. He is talented in many sports. He is an amazing pianist. He is a great student at school. He is close to receiving his eagle scout award. He is a wonderful brother, son, cousin, grandson and friend. We love you. Happy Birthday.

This stone the players are carving a "Y" on the top, they chisel into it before each game

Do you see what I mean about the struggle to get a smile - Tom is cheesing it after I pleaded




1 comment:

A&K Sanft said...

Oh yea....look at that cutie brother of yours!!!! I'm so glad you guys had a good time that night. When I heard it was Braden's BDay, I thought, "what a great idea". Adam too had a great time. That place sure is interesting and wether you're a die hard BYU fan or not, you can't help but appreciate everything and everyone that goes into it.