Thursday, May 5, 2011

A really great day, Maya's baptism celebration


The cake that Kim made

Maya and Daddy

The cake close up, the dress, ballet slippers
a book of Mormon and CTR ring
all made out of fondant

Can you tell I loved the cake?

Maya's Instructional Aide at school, she is
so sweet, we are so glad she came


It was a great day, Maya was so beautiful. She was so ready and prepared to be baptized. I told her more than once that she could wait if she wasn't ready or didn't want to. Obviously, she made a great choice. She asked some clever questions before hand that let Tom and I know she was really thinking hard about this choice she was making. She received a set of beautiful leather scriptures for her birthday from Tom's parents. I have been so impressed at how she has really taken to reading them and asking questions. She is well on her way to being a very quick scripture chaser in her primary class.
Now, that cake. OMGoooooooodness, the pictures do not do it justice. It was to die for good. The top cake was a very most strawberry with a chocolate filling. It tasted like chocolate dipped strawberries, no lie. The bottom cake was white chocolate cake, so moist with a lemon curd filling. I have truly found myself thinking about that strawberry cake. And, I also realized I love lemon curd.
I am going to get my brother to take some pictures of her in her dress. I love her dress. She is such a special girl. Our little Buggy. I love that she still lets me call her that even in front of her friends and at school. I don't love that she is growing up, but so happy for the things that are happening in her life. She is thriving at school and is so talented, she can sing, dance, plays piano, loves to play soccer and is taking a power tumbling/gymnastics class. She is pretty amazing.


1 comment:

Sharlene, Mom, Grammy said...

Congratulations Maya!!! What beautiful pictures! I love Maya's dress. She looks like an angel. So happy for all of you.

Was that your sister-in-law, Kim, who made the cake??? What an artist Kim must be. Oh my! It's not only beautiful, but sounds so delicious! Wish I could have a taste right now. I'm trying to come up with a cake for one of my daughter's birthday--wish I had Kim here to design and create one. :)