Tuesday, February 9, 2010

My Buggy Date

Baby Maya Almost 2

Maybe an hour old - she was my biggest baby at 5 lbs 9 oz

This summer at auntie Moana's wedding

Mommy, Buggy and Risi fall 2009


One of my favorite pictures of Maya, she is so beautiful, wind is blowing her hair but
you can still see how pretty her eyes are, and what a perfect smile she has.


MAYA

A couple weeks ago I received a few very sweet letters. One from each of my kids, telling me how perfect I am, and how pretty I am, how I ALWAYS make their favorite dinners and much, much more. All the reasons why being a mom is the best 'job' on the planet. I also had a request in these letters for individual mommy dates. We do this occasionally, but not enough as any of us would like.
Friday night was Maya's turn aka Buggy. I am so glad we went, I seem to forget how much they need me all to themselves once in a while. We had an absolutely perfect night. Buggy loves food, I mean LOVES LOVES LOVES food. Food of every kind. She will eat anything and everything. She loves broccoli, spinach, cucumbers, and nothing needs to be dressed up with cheese, ranch or butter. She also loves sweets - she is normal on some food level.
She got to choose where were having dinner. We went to, "the place with the fries that puts lots of cheese, you know mom LOTS of cheese." Yes, I did know we went to training table. She is so funny because we got our order of the fries with lots of cheese to share, and it was a big plate and that child looked at the plate and then at me and I could see her mind spinning, hard at work as to how she was going to manipulate me into giving up my portion of the cheesy fries. She had no intentions of sharing, however, I did manage to get a meager fry or two. She also got to have fruit punch which she was ecstatic about because we usually make the kids drink water with meals.
We planned out our next adventure for the night. She decided completely on her own she was ready to get her ears pierced. She also wanted to go the nicklecade I told her that seemed like a perfect idea for a daddy date. (I hate that place) Thankfully she agreed, I would have gone but our trip to the Mall was a lot more fun for both of us.

We went to the mall and looked around, we did a lot of window shopping. The Disney Store is so much fun even without buying anything. I told her she could do Build a Bear instead of getting her ears pierced but she declined, which is probably better, we don't need anymore stuffed animals to join our already vast stuffed kingdom.
Finally, we went to Claires. I wanted this to be last on our night's activities in case it was to painful. I know normally it doesn't hurt, but she has kind of a low pain tolerance. She was very brave and is now wearing a pair of very cute pink daisy's.
We had some ice cream after and sat and talked some more. She told me all about her friend Sophie who isn't her friend anymore because she keeps stealing her pencils from her pencil box. She told me how much she loves her school and her teacher. She told me all the reasons church is boring, and I pretty much agreed with her. Well, not out loud but in my head. She said she does like her new primary class a lot and thought she would be glad Robby isn't in her class anymore but she said she wants to be in his class again. It's so cute that she misses him.
She is so sweet and such a beautiful girl. I love her so much. I'm so happy we had that night together. Thanks lil bug for a perfect date! I can't wait for my next dates with Risi, Robby and Miles.

5 comments:

Kelly said...

That date sounded better than Disneyland! I want to join in on the next date! My mouth was watering as you talked about Training table and the Chesse fries. We often day dream about those babies! It was our Family Favorite and a must hit each time we come into town.
Your Kids are so Lucky to have you as Mom. And that last photo of Maya is sooo Beautiful!
I love you both!

Mary said...

What a great letter to her and wonderful date! We try to do those, too and it is amazing how much they love even going grocery shopping with mommy alone (yes, we have resorted to that).

She is gorgeous like her momma!

Suzanne said...

*sigh* What a great night. We need to do more one-on-one time with our kids, too. Sometimes we're better at it than other times. Right now our house is in survival mode and the thought of trying to organize individual dates is a little overwhelming. But hopefully soon. (Come back to us, normal life.)

Glad you had such an awesome night. And I hope Maya eventually gets her pencils back and her friendship patched up. =)

The Weights said...

What a perfect little date night and a special little post for Maya!! Very sweet!

Sharlene, Mom, Grammy said...

I loved reading this post and seeing the beautiful pictures of Maya. She is gorgeous---like the rest of your family! What a wonderfully fun date night. Looking back, I wish I had done more of that with my children.