Robby still in his cast
I love this picture of Miles
My little Buggy
These are pictures from a Sunday we went to visit Tom on one of his long work weeks. Starvation Lake is close by his office. It is absolutely beautiful, it reminds me a mini-lake Powell, blue water, red sand, red rocks and lots of sage. This was a really nice Sunday afternoon.
Next, the 4th of July is my dad's favorite holiday. I love this holiday as well, it's hard not being raised by a father who is the most patriotic person I know. I love how much my father has made this holiday a holiday my whole family enjoys. We start each year early, I mean EARLY, we got up this year at 6:15 and went to Provo to watch about 30-30 hot air balloons take off. This is an absolute treasure as a parent to see the delight and awe of a young child Miles age watch. The first picture of Miles is him having that same thrill and amazement at the fireworks, the next is that same open mouth wonderment at the balloons. There is nothing better than a holiday that brings family together in celebration of and honoring great events.
Good food, entertainment, and great company. It was a wonderful day.
2 comments:
What wonderful photos! I miss Utah so much around the 4th of July. Our family always went all out doing all of the Freedom Festival things, too. It just isn't the same here.
Fantastic pictures! You really captured the feeling. Nobody does "the 4th" like Provo. I love your Dad's shirt! Yes, he is the most patriotic person I know. How come I've never heard of Starvation Lake. Where is it exactly? It's beautiful--just like your children--beautiful.
Post a Comment