

This is Max von Zastrow. He is the son of our dear friends Dave and Jeanne von Zastrow who live in Moab, Utah. Jeanne is the older sister of my best friend Heidi who passed away 7 years ago. From the time Heidi passed away, her family, including sisters, nieces and nephews and parents have truly become family to me. Yesterday, Max was assaulted with a baseball bat to his head by a kid at his high school. He is currently in critical condition in a hospital in Grand Junction, Colorado. The next 48 hours are crucial. I am asking anyone who reads this to offer up a prayer for Max. As mothers, can you imagine what Jeanne must be going through? I can't. I am truly having trouble wrapping my mind around violence like this. Emotions are high and very mixed. I am a believer of the power of prayer in numbers. I also know the handful of you who check in and our mothers, and sisters will empathize with the agony this family I treasure so much is going through.
We love you so much Max, get better and make us all laugh again soon.
9 comments:
WOW... I am sending up prayers! You will have to give us updates.
Wish you all the Best of Luck!
We too are sadden by the news of what has happened to Max. While only my husband has met Max, I have heard a lot about him from his ever-so-proud mother.
We know God is holding Jeanne, Dave and Max in his hands.
I am saddened to hear of this tragic story. You can count on me to include Max and his family in my daily prayers
What a horribly cruel and upsetting thing to have happen. Our prayers will certainly include Max and his family at this difficult time and our hope and faith that he will be able to have a full recovery!
My thoughts and prayers are with Max and his family.
Oh my gosh! What a terrible thing! Yes, please keep us updated.
I have known Jeanne for many years through FMI. Our thoughts and prayers are with Max, Dave, and Jeanne. God Bless them and keep them as their family and friends come together to support them.
Hang in there... all of our best.
Rob B.
We've been praying since we got the terrible news. We just visited Jeanne, Dave, and Max in January. We are far away but behind you all the way.
Brad & Cindy Hess
Wow... my thoughts are with this poor kid and his family.
Post a Comment